Research Coordinator 1 -CIARA #527238vassi
Florida International University is classified by Carnegie as a R1: Doctoral Universities – Highest Research Activity and recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. It is a public research university with colleges and schools that offers 196 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, computer science, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU contributes almost $9 billion each year to the local economy. FIU is Worlds Ahead in finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission. FIU has awarded more than 220,000 degrees and enrolls more than 54,000 students in two campuses and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell, FIU@I-75, and the Miami Beach Urban Studios.FIU’s Medina Aquarius Program houses the Aquarius Reef Base, a unique underwater research facility in the Florida Keys. FIU also supports artistic and cultural engagement through its three museums: Patricia & Phillip Frost Art Museum, the Wolfsonian-FIU, and the Jewish Museum of Florida-FIU. FIU is a member of Conference USA and more than 400 student-athletes participating in 18 sports. For more information about FIU, visit http://www.fiu.edu/.
Research Coordinator 1 -CIARA (527238)
Supports the Division of Information Technology’s Center for Internet Augmented Research and Assessment (CIARA) to perform grants and contracts research activities to include gathering data for current and planned research projects, outreach activities to support student, faculty, and scientists’ Involvement in CIARA projects. Coordinates the day-to-day activities of one or more projects. Oversees and ensures the collection of data. Assists the Assistant Director, Principal Investigators (PI), and the Co- PI with short and long-range resource planning for the project.
- Coordinates the day-to-day activities of one or more CIARA research projects.
- Assists the CIARA IT Assistant Director, and Co-Principal Investigators in short and long-range resource planning for research projects.
- Coordinates and performs outreach activities for CIARA research projects including helping to recruit research participants and administering intake and follow-up information gathering for assessments.
- Coordinates the collection of project report data, papers, posters and other related materials produced during the research period by the student fellows. Collaborates with the student fellows as needed on materials produced.
- Assists the Assistant Director with demographic analysis for CIARA research projects. Assists with the preparation and dissemination of surveys to participants and reports the findings.
- Assists the Assistant Director with project planning and coordination of special events. Disseminates information for CIARA workshops and events. Works with the CIARA’s Interns on travel logistics as needed.
- Assists with the designs and maintains CIARA’s digital media presence that includes websites, social media, and newsletters.
- Assists the Assistant Director by serving as a liaison between CIARA and FIU colleges, departments and offices.
- Assists the IT Assistant Director to oversee, organize, and prepare the data collection for network related projects.
- Assists the Assistant Director, PI and Co-PIs by collaborating with CIARA’s Network Engineering Team for the documentation required for quarterly, annual, and final NSF project reports.
- Participates in Project Meetings with CIARA’s Administrative Team to discuss, review, and optimize project schedules, and resource management plans.
Bachelor’s degree and two (2) years of experience.
- Experience with databases (e.g., Excel, SQL, Access).
- Experience with online search.
- Experience with data analysis and visualization.
- Knowledge in online research community newsletter publishing.
- Experience with Graphic & Web Design
Job Category: Administrative
Advertised Salary: Starting at$40,000 – commensurate with education & experience.
- Begin time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 5:00 PM
Extended Criminal Background Check
Ability to work flexible hours as needed.
For further information or to apply, please visit careers.fiu.edu and reference Job Opening ID # 527238
In compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the University Police department at Florida International University provides information on crimes statistics, crime prevention, law enforcement, crime reporting, and other related issues for the past three (3) calendar years. The FIU Annual Security report is available online at: https://police.fiu.edu/download/annual-security-fire-safety-report/.
To obtain a paper copy of the report, please visit the FIU Police Department located at 885 SW 109th Avenue, Miami, FL, 33199 (PG5 Market Station).
Florida International University will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.